When you’ve achieved success in life, it’s natural to splurge every now and then. That’s why an increasing number of people are choosing to enjoy the perks of renting luxury villas rather than staying at traditional hotels. But where should you go? Here’s one tip: choose among the luxury villa rentals in Barbados.
The word is spreading very quickly about how fabulous a holiday in Barbados can be, and that’s why in recent years the tourists are arriving in record numbers. In 2015, there were 592,000 visitors here, and that was a record broken by 2016s 610,000 tourists. The latest data shows that 2017 i on track to shatter the 2016 records, and local hoteliers are excited over the likelihood that 2018 will result in even greater numbers.
So why exactly are so many people flocking to this tourist destination? Here are some of the top reasons:
- The beaches. There are 60 beaches in Barbados, and they’re all open to the public. All the beaches seem to have white pristine sand, and the waters are all clear due to the corals. The west coast is also known as the Platinum coast, and this faces the Caribbean Sea. The waters are gentler here, and it’s a great place for kayaking, snorkeling, and jet skiing. Try your hand at sailing—the whole island of Barbados is so small at you can go around it in a sailing boat in just a few hours!
The east coast faces the Atlantic Ocean, and here the waves are livelier so the surfing is fantastic.
- The weather.No matter the time of the year, the weather in Barbados doesn’t seem to change all that much. The warmest months are August and September, as the temperature can range from 78 to 86 degrees F. The coolest months are January and February, with temperature ranges of 74 to 82 degrees F. It’s like being in heaven all year long.
Also, it’s not as humid in Barbados compared to other nearby countries in the Caribbean. Those countries can generally become a bit too humid, but in Barbados you can enjoy a constant breeze and brief showers to counteract the heat.
- The fresh seafood. You can’t go anywhere in Barbados (or even read anything about the country) without you hearing about Oistins Fish Fry. This is the place to visit on Fridays and Saturdays, as you can enjoy fresh seafood along with rum concoctions.
But the truth of the matter is that plenty of places here offer fried or grilled fresh fish, with a rum drink that somehow goes perfectly with your meal. Try the flying fish and the mahi mahi (known locally as “dolphin”).
- Exhilarating nightlife.You can have a wide range of options for your nightlife entertainment. You can enter a cool trendy club, go bar hopping along St. Lawrence Gap, or even enjoy a quiet night at a rum shack with Mount Gay XO rum for company.
- The people. Everyone’s friendly. If you’re looking for new places to visit, just ask anyone you meet on the street and they’ll share their favorite spots.
It also helps that when you rent a luxury villa, you enjoy more space and certainly much more privacy. Add the concierge services that can provide gourmet meals and live music for pool parties, and you’re certainly in for one of the best holiday experiences in your life!