The holidays are full of food, fun, and family. While it’s always great to shake up your normal routine by relaxing and indulging with your loved ones, you may find yourself with a few extra pounds by the new year. Not only that, but to stray from a healthy lifestyle and routine may create problems during the holidays, like bloating, irritability, lack of concentration, and little energy. Luckily, there are brain boosting supplements that can power up your concentration energy, memory, and mood so that you can stay one hundred percent on your A Game during the holidays. Check out our list of supplements to take if you need a little extra power this time of the year.
- No more brain fog. There is no need to depend on caffeine alone to get your brain working in the right direction. If you want to give your central nervous system the jolt to start working and get you mentally alert, then you can count on Rhodiola Rosea and Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR.
- Motivate yourself. Nootropics like Resveratrol and Iodine can help keep motivation high. More motivation means getting more things done like shopping and cooking, and then more rest time for family and friends.
- Be creative. Socializing during the holidays is an excellent way to nourish your mind and soul, but sometimes you also need to remember your own personal and creative goals. Being creative can certainly bring out the best in you and you’ll be happy to have dedicated a little extra holiday off-time to your own projects. If you need a little creative boost, try Ginseng and Oat Straw to get those juices flowing.
- Stay calm. Stress can be draining, especially during the holidays when you have to be “on” as much as possible. In addition to getting enough rest each night, an intake of lemon balm and ashwagandha can be a great stress buster. Both these supplements can restore energy and relieve you of anxiety so that you can enjoy those special moments all the more with your loved ones.
- Keep learning. The downtime of the holidays is a great time to acquire a new skill or seek new knowledge from either a craft or a book. For this you can rely on herbs like Ginkgo biloba and Gotu Kola to help retain memories and keep your mind ripe for learning.
During the holiday season, it can be extra easy to fall of a healthy lifestyle wagon and stop taking care of your well-being. While indulging with family and friends is what the holidays are for, keeping in mind your own personal health goals and routine will give you a much more rewarding and enjoyable holiday. Have a happy and healthy end of the year!