It’s true that parking your car at the airport can be extremely convenient. But the advantages may not seem all that worthwhile when you consider the cost of parking your vehicle at the airport for days or weeks at a time. And if you’re a frequent flyer, your annual expenses for airport parking can give you a heart attack.
So you can thank your lucky stars that nowadays there are services such as One Stop Parking. These services take advantage of the unused parking spaces in nearby hotels, and that’s where you park your cars instead. So for example, you can enjoy JFK airport parking in New York close to the airport, and then after you’ve parked your car you can just hop on a hotel shuttle to catch your flight.
By doing this, you can now enjoy the following benefits:
- You save yourself a ton of money. Parking your car in the airport parking lot can come with truly exorbitant costs. The expenses here will dwarf the possible savings you may have enjoyed through diligent online flight reservation research. That’s especially true if you’re gone for weeks at a time, and you fly many times each year.
In contrast, the price of parking at hotel parking spaces can be much more reasonable. You can pay a small booking fee, and then the cost per day for parking can be less than the cost of a coffee from Starbucks.
- It’s easy to find a parking space. You can just visit the service’s website, and then you can type in your flight information and date. The site will then show you the available options, as often there’s more than one participating hotel that offers unused parking space for this service.
You can then check the hotel’s website to confirm if they have the available parking space, and you can also find out about the hotel’s shuttle service schedule. Arrive early at the hotel so you can have plenty of time and you don’t miss your flight.
- You won’t need to find a friend to drive your car home. It can be a serious handicap if you have a car and you can find no one to accompany you to the airport when it’s the day of your flight. It’s not just because you don’t have friends. It’s just that everyone’s so busy these days. Now you don’t have to bother anyone as you can just drive yourself to the airport.
- When you arrive back from your travels, your car is nearby.You won’t need to pay an expensive taxi fare to get from the airport back to your home. All you need to do is to get yourself back to the nearby hotel, where your car is waiting. After so much time away, driving a familiar car can be quite a relief, especially when you’re feeling a bit homesick already.
- You can get back home quickly from the airport if you’ve forgotten something.Trying to get back home quickly from the airport can be almost impossible, as it will take time to arrange for transportation if you don’t have your own car. Sometimes you may even remember that you’ve forgotten something while on the way to the airport. If you’re in a taxi, your cab fare can increase dramatically if you need to do a U-turn. It’s not a problem if you’re driving your car.
- In the hotel parking space, you have great security.Your car will be very safe there, and it will be safer than leaving your car at home with no one looking after it.
So if you’re leaving on a plane and don’t know where to park economically, try One Stop Parking instead. It just makes sense if you want to save money on your trip!